- TREATING TILES TO A SCRUB Clean the tiles right after you take a shower. Spritz the walls with Tub and Tile, then wipe down the walls from top to bottom with a damp cloth. Wipe down fixtures with a sponge and some Baking Soda Cream Cleanser. Use Vinegar Gel No Rinse Cleaner on glass doors. Don’t use soap – it can leave a film over time. If tile stains are pesky, use some Surface Scrub or Baking Soda Cream Cleanser.
- GETTING INTO THE GROUT Dip an old toothbrush into a mixture of equal parts oxygen bleach and water. Scrub until the lines get really bright. If company’s coming, and you need a quick spruce-up, light a scented candle and keep the overhead light off – it’ll be dim enough that guests won’t even notice the grout.
- MAKING THE MEDICINE CABINET LOOK LIKE NEW Every month or so, take out all contents and wipe down shelves with warm water and Dish Soap. Before you put all your toiletries back in, weed out things you haven’t used in the last decade.
- TACKLING THE TOILET To remove stubborn rings, pour in a half cup of distilled white vinegar and let it sit for a few hours—or even overnight—before giving the bowl a swipe with the toilet brush. If grime is particularly pesky, use Toilet Bowl Cleaner. Let it sit for five to ten minutes, then scrub trouble spots with a toilet brush.
- UNCLOGGING THE DRAIN Once every two or three months, pour half a cup of baking soda, then half a cup of white vinegar, down the drain. After a few minutes, boil some water in your teakettle and pour it down the drain.
- SCRUBBING THE TUB Wipe it down after each bath and shower so that soap scum won’t build up. To scour, use our Baking Soda Cream Cleanser and a nylon bristle brush to scrub. Rinse clean.
- ATTACKING THE RING AROUND THE TUB Use a pair of old nylon stockings as your cloth to rub that ring of mineral deposits away. For stubborn stains, spread our Vinegar Gel No Rinse Cleaner on the spots and let it sit for an hour or two before wiping it off with warm water.
- MOPPING THE FLOORS Sweep or vacuum your floor thoroughly. Fill your bucket with warm water and just a bit of Multi-Surface Concentrate. Wring out your mop. Make two passes on every part of the floor. Finally, go back over the room with clean, warm water and a damp mop.
- MAKING YOUR SINKS SPARKLE Rinse sink well after every use to prevent soap scum buildup. To prevent the formation of stains from lime and other mineral deposits wipe clean with Vinegar Gel No Rinse Cleaner.
- KEEPING THE BATHROOM SMELLING FRESH Fill a spray bottle with water, three drops of lemon oil and two drops of eucalyptus oil. Shake vigorously before using. For a quick fix use Room Freshener.
Tackle the Bathroom
This entry was posted on September 27, 2017.