Safety & Standards
Caldrea products care for the most sacred spaces of all: our homes and ourselves. This is where we—and our children, pets and loved ones—live and breathe. And for this reason, safety is our number one concern.
Our products provide an effective alternative for people who are concerned about the effects of conventional cleaning and body care products. Our formulas combine long-trusted essential oils with leading-edge know-how to provide a safer experience for our customers.
IN THE BOTTLE
- We never use parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, ammonia, chlorine bleach, phosphates or petroleum distillates.
- Preservatives are used at the minimum to accomplish optimum freshness, safety and utility.
- Intelligent, responsible raw material choices are renewable when possible, often based in olive, coconut, corn or soy ingredients.
- We occasionally choose not to use a plant-derived material for efficacy, consistency and safety.
- We are a member of the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil, The Conservation Alliance and are Leaping Bunny Certified.
OUTSIDE THE BOTTLE
- All products are produced at a cosmetic grade standard (cGMP) facility.
- All liquid products are biodegradable and powdered scrub breaks down into non-harmful decomposition products.
- Our bottles contain 25% post-consumer recycled materials and are recyclable where facilities exist.
Safety is a continual process. We methodically assess each ingredient for health and safety, alone and again in the final product formulation. We use verified laboratory tests and do not test on animals.
Because we do not test on animals, we cannot make the legal labeling claim of non-toxic. The FDA currently requires animal testing to support that claim. We are investigating in-vitro (test tube) methodologies that, in the future, may be able to support our non-toxic formulation process. Today, a toxicologist reviews all Caldrea formulations against a mathematical, theoretical model for safety assessment.